Thursday, June 23, 2016

Welcome to the Grown up guide!


I know that somewhere along the line I have felt as if I had missed the how to be a grown up class. I have made a lot of mistakes and have felt like I was the only one has felt all alone in the big bad world of being an adult. The things that most people just seem to know how to do I have felt like an infant thrown into a pool and now I was drowning because nobody bothered to teach me how to swim. I just wanted someone to throw me a pair of floaties.

Then I realized that I needed to stop expecting others to take care of me and start taking care of myself. I am not saying that I just woke up and had it all figured out (even though that would have been awesome) It took a lot of practice and trying a lot of things. I have also failed at a lot of things and have made some pretty poor decisions. I began my twenties living with a man who took care of me. I would not recommend this to anyone. He was a very good guy and I will always be grateful for all the things he did for me. The problem was it didn't last and I was left with basically nothing. I had no car, no place to live and I worked at caribou coffee which definitely did not pay the bills.
What did I do you say? Well there wasn't one magic move that made it all better. There was multiple trying obstacles that I had to overcome and I am still overcoming. I have a lot of experience in figuring out how to survive in a world that is pretty difficult to survive in.. especially if you didn't go to college.

In this blog I am going to cover everything from how to find an apartment you can afford to how to actually date in a world where there are a lot of undateable men to grocery shopping and a lot more. I will even be putting random recipes for those that are like me and are not miss head chef. I also have learned some good cheap decorating tricks. So welcome to your own personal grown up guide! We can get through this together so take a deep breath. You got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment